Our professional and personal service means that we will look after you through every process of selling with us. Our fixed commission rate of only £10 (+VAT) per lot includes all Commission, Insurance and Illustration. This makes selling at Parker Fine Art Auctions Ltd simple and cost effective.
Please refer to Conditions of Sale for full Terms and Conditions.
You can request a free valuation on items for sale in one of the following ways:
- Online: Submit images (main image, any signature, labels and reverse) and a description of your items
- By Email: Submit images and a written description of your items directly to email@example.com
- In Person: Bringing your items to us at Hawthorn House (although we do advise you call in advance to ensure a Valuer is here to meet you). No valuations will be available on sale day.
- By Private Appointment: Confidential visits to your home can be arranged throughout the United Kingdom at our discretion.
- If you have brought your items for valuation at Hawthorn House you are able to leave the items with us there and then
- You can arrange to deliver the items to our Saleroom.
A receipt will be issued to you for your signature, which lists our terms and conditions and gives us your authority to sell the items listed on your behalf. We can also discuss suggested reserves to any lot consigned. The receipt will have a unique reference number which should be quoted in all correspondence.
You will receive a pre-sale advice letter together with a catalogue ahead of the sale, with full details of your items including lot number, full catalogue description, estimate and reserve.
Artist’s Resale Right
If you sell a work of art by a living artist or an artist who has died in the last 70 years, which costs more than the UK sterling equivalent of €1,000 (per item), the seller will have to pay a royalty relating to the Artists Resale Right Regulations 2006. The royalties are administered by the Design and Artists Copyright Society (DACS), or the Artist’s Collecting Society (ACS), and no handling costs are retained by PFAA Ltd.
The current royalty charge for qualifying items over €1,000 are:
Up to €50,000 – 4%
€50,000.01 to €200,000 – 3%
€200,000.01 to €350,000 – 1%
€350,000.01 to €500,000 – 0.5%
Exceeding €500,000 – 0.25%
Royalty charges are calculated using the Euro to UK sterling exchange rate on the day of the sale.
After The Auction
- Payment: Payment is made no later than 21 days after a sale assuming that we have received full payment in cleared funds from the buyer. We act as agents and cannot be held responsible if the buyer does not pay. We cannot pay you until we have received cleared funds from the buyer. Payment to vendors is usually made by bank transfer (or cheque by arrangement).
- Statements will be sent showing the final payment amount minus the relevant charges.
You may be advised by telephone or email that unsold lots can be re-offered in a future auction at an agreed reduced reserve. If you prefer to collect your unsold items, you will need to contact us to arrange collection at your earliest convenience within fourteen working days before charges of £5 (+ VAT) per item per day is incurred.
A withdrawal fee of 5% of the lower estimate plus any costs incurred will be charged should you change your mind about selling the items once the item has been catalogued. Lots cannot be withdrawn once the sale is in progress.
Under the money laundering regulations in force we are required to carry out relevant due diligence checks. This includes verifying the identity of all clients we transact with as well as any beneficial owner on behalf of whom they may transact.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.